Homemade Apple & Cinnamon Scrolls!
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 90g light butter (cold)
- 150ml skim milk
- 40g light butter (extra)
- 1 Granny Smith
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 210 fan forced and grease a cake tin
- Sift flour in a bowl and rub in butter to create a breadcrumb texture
- Stir in milk until dough forms
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth
- Combine extra butter brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Roll dough out in a rectangle shape until around 5mm thick
- Spread butter mix over dough , peel and dice up apple 🍏 and sprinkle over the dough
- Roll dough length ways and cut into 8-12 scrolls
- Place scrolls in cake tin slightly touching (this helps them rise)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes .
- You can mix icing sugar and water together to create a glaze over the top.
Add in walnuts or sultanas or you could use the base dough and make Nutella ones ( totally trying this today 😂🙌)
Leave a comment